A kitten had a bad experience with you in the past. If you had made the cat suffer from any activities, they might not want to get close to you. Try to cajole the cat for a few days. Offer delicious food and spend some time with them.
Why doesn’t my cat love me?
First of all, try to understand what you are considered as the sign to express love. Cats are weird animals. Sometimes the action that you think the love might not be love at all.
The cat might be displaying some feelings through the movement. The purpose of those feelings is over, so they decided to behave similarly.
Understanding the specific sign will help you to determine whether the cat loves you or not.
Here are some of the common reasons cats stop what they usually showcase when you are around.
- A cat might have reached its adulthood. Suddenly, the cat’s perspective changes, and it now acts as a mature cat.
- The cat might be having some health problem. Pain in the body could influence their common behavior. The cat will have trouble showing empathy towards you in the changing health condition.
- Observe if the cat is going through a fatigue problem. The weakness could lead to a change in the mood.
- The cat might be going through their heating season. They are looking for a partner to mate with.
- The cat might be afraid of you because you might have done something to the cat that makes them hate you—hurting the cat while playing could also result in a bad experience that separates the cat from you.
What are some signs my cat doesn’t love me anymore?
Generally, cat owners face various challenges when their cat starts opposing them. They will begin to distance themselves. Slowly the affection towards your cat will drop as they do not behave like a good pet that obeys your instruction.
Here are some signs that indicate the cat is trying to avoid you.
Cat experts can tell what is going on in the cat’s mind by looking at the cat’s tail. The cat uses its tail to express their emotion. The horizontal cat tail showcases threats and feelings of anxiety. So if you notice the cat has a flat tail, the cat might be going through stress.
2. Hiding from you all the time
The cat will start creating a distance from you when they find the problem with you. The most reason is the reservation of other cats. It means some other cat might have sprayed their smell on you, and now you do not belong to them.
Cats are territorial animals. They use the smell to showcase their assets. Such a situation occurs when you have more than one pet in the house.
When the cat smells something else on your body, they start believing the other animal might have taken your position of you. As a result, a cat will hide from you and stay away all the time.
3. Cat bite
As the kitten grows and reaches adulthood, they start biting their owners. Sometime these bites may cause you several injuries. Soon the cat will become more aggressive, and the everyday playtime will become a fight scene.
Biting shows that the cat has lost their empathy toward you. They no longer feel emotion about you. That’s why the cat does not care about their harm to you.
4. Cat hiss you
When the cat continuously hisses at you, the anger is visible. You should avoid having a close encounter. Cat will hiss only when they are going through health issues.
If the cat is making noise at night, the cat might have severe pain in the boy. Consult with the veteran before the problem becomes too powerful.
Also, during the mating period, the cat will try to distance you because they are looking for a partner. Leave them alone for a while until they become routine.
What do you do if your kitten doesn’t like you?
Change in the cat’s mood is more common when things do not go as per their interest. Here are some ways you can make the kitten start liking you again and feel comfortable.
- Leave them alone for a while. They might need more space alone where they can explore the region.
- Feed them their favorite food. Cats, remember the person that offers the needed support. Especially the food is the biggest motivation for the cat. The kittle will start playing with you as you become closer to them.
- Show them, love. Use the technique of mother cat, such as touching their fur and making them sleep. Play with them whenever you are free. Use any gesture that makes the kittle likes you.
- Take a bath. Cat smell and taste senses are too strong. When the kitten smells something annoying during a close encounter, the cat will become angry. They will start behaving unusually.
Provide the natural habitat to the kitten to keep them calm. They will stay encouraged when sufficient food and space are provided.
How do I get my kitten to love me?
Control your body language when you are around your cat. Make them feel comfortable. Show them empathy, so they will start building a connection between you and them.
As the kitten becomes more active, it will try to find a partner to play with. They like to spend time playing and exploring the region. So be with them at an early age.
Cats are hyperactive species. Allow them to sleep near you. Cuddle them, and move your fingers in their fuzzy hair. It makes them feel better and stay calm.
Food is a fantastic motivation for the cat. Feed your kitten their favorite food. Stay near to them when the kittens are eating their food.
Offer them water to drink. Friendly gestures make the kitten live comfortably and enjoy their stay.
When the cat becomes more aggressive, you should stay away for a while. Let them settle down. Sometimes a cat may fear the threat when you are near them. So be aware of signs and act accordingly.